To get the right answer to a question just move the cursor over the button:
The answer will then be displayed in the speech bubble tooltip.
If you click on the button you will get the answers to all questions in the quiz.
1. When was he born?
2. Where was he born?
3. What was his birth name?
4. Barrymore created a sensation in what John Galsworthy play?
5. In 1917, George du Maurier's story was adapted into a very successful Broadway play. What's the play's title?
6. In 1920, he starred on Broadway in what history play by Shakespeare?
7. In 1922, he starred on Broadway in what Shakespearean tragedy?
8. He made his feature film debut in 1913. What's the film's title?
9. In 1917, he played a character created by E. W. Hornung in what movie?
10. He starred in what 1920 silent horror film, produced by Famous Players-Lasky and released through Paramount/Artcraft?
11. What was Beau Brummel's full name?
12. He starred in the first feature-length film with synchronized Vitaphone sound effects and musical soundtrack. What's the film's title?
13. He made his talkie debut with a dramatic reading of the big Duke of Gloucester speech from Henry VI, part 3 in what Warner Brothers' musical revue?
14. He played Captain Ahab in what two films?
15. What 1931 movie was based on the gothic horror novel Trilby (1894) by George du Maurier?
16. He starred in what 1932 film which is the only one to have won the Academy Award for Best Picture without it or its participants being nominated in any other category?
17. What is his character's name in Dinner at Eight?
18. Who was his co-star in the 1933 comedy Topaze?
19. He starred with Carole Lombard in what 1934 screwball comedy directed by Howard Hawks?
20. What is his famous nickname?
21. The three Barrymore siblings appeared in only one film together. What's the film's title?
22. His granddaughter became a famous child actress in the 1980s and continues to be a critically acclaimed box-office success. Her name, please.
23. Please name his four wives.
24. How many children did he have?
25. When did he pass away?
To download FREE John Barrymore wallpaper left click on the thumbnail below and a large image [1600 x 1200] will load in a separate window. Right click your mouse on the [1600 x 1200] image and choose "set as wallpaper" or "save as" and choose a directory in which to place your wallpaper.
Please help support Meredy's Place by shopping here.
CLICK HERE to search for John Barrymore merchandise
MEREDY'S PLACE INDEX
© , all rights reserved.