So you've decided to cheat and take a look at the answers?
OK, spoil the fun and read the answers below!
1. June 30, 1917
2. Brooklyn, New York City, New York
3. Lena Mary Calhoun Horne
4. Billy Strayhorn and Billy Eckstine
5. The Cotton Club
6. Noble Sissle's Orchestra
7. Charlie Barnet
8. Slapsy Maxie's
9. She chose Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, and became the first black performer to sign a long-term contract with a major Hollywood studio.
10. Panama Hattie
11. Stormy Weather
12. Cabin in the Sky
13. Till the Clouds Roll By
14. Ziegfeld Follies
15. She wasn't considered due to the Production Code's ban on interracial relationships in films.
16. Max Factor
19. Monsanto Night Presents Lena Horne
20. Lena Horne: The Lady and Her Music
21. The Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award
22. Eleanor Roosevelt
23. Louis Jordan Jones (January 13, 1937 - June 15, 1944) (divorced) 2 children and Lennie Hayton (December 14, 1947 - April 24, 1971) (his death)
24. One daughter and one son - Gail Horne Jones (b. December 21, 1937 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - a.k.a. Gail Lumet Buckley) and Terry Jones (b. 1939 - d. 1971)
25. May 9, 2010 in Manhattan, New York City, New York (heart failure)
Please help support Meredy's Place by shopping here.
CLICK HERE to search for Lena Horne merchandise
Meredy's Lena Horne Trivia Mania
MEREDY'S PLACE INDEX
© , all rights reserved.