To get the right answer to a question just move the cursor over the button:
The answer will then be displayed in the speech bubble tooltip.
If you click on the button you will get the answers to all questions in the quiz.
1. When was he born?
2. Where was he born?
3. What was his birth name?
4. By the age of 15 he was already a top-ranking amateur in what sport?
5. Besides his film work, Huston was a noted what (another art)?
6. His self-esteem was enhanced when the editor of the popular magazine, American Mercury, bought two of his stories. Who was the editor?
7. While working in the script department at Universal Studios, he became a close friend of what director?
8. In the 1930s he left Hollywood for five years. Why?
9. He became a scriptwriter at Warner Brothers in 1937. Please name seven scripts he co-wrote for major films made between 1938-1941?
10. He wrote and directed what 1941 film noir based on a Dashiell Hammett novel?
11. While in an Army uniform during World War II, he directed and produced three films. What are the films' titles?
12. He co-wrote what 1946 movie directed and produced by Orson Welles?
13. His next picture, which he wrote, directed, and briefly appeared in as an American, asked to "help out a fellow American, down on his luck", was what?
14. Who won an Oscar for Best Supporting Actress for the John Huston-directed Key Largo?
15. He was again nominated for an Oscar for Best Screenplay and Best Director for what 1950 movie?
16. He directed Humphrey Bogart in his Academy Award-winning performance as Charlie Allnut in what 1951 film?
17. José Ferrer was nominated for the Best Actor Oscar for portraying what characters in 1952's Moulin Rouge, which was co-written and directed by Huston?
18. He directed Clark Gable, Marilyn Monroe, and Montgomery Clift, with a supporting cast including Thelma Ritter and Eli Wallach in what movie?
19. He was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his role in what Otto Preminger-directed 1963 film?
20. He is the only person to have directed a parent and a child to Academy Award wins. Please name the parent and child.
21. He directed 15 different actors in Oscar-nominated performances. Please name them.
22. The Hustons were the first family to do what?
23. Please name his five wives and one partner.
24. How many children did he have?
25. When did he pass away?
To download FREE John Huston wallpaper left click on the thumbnail below and a large image [1600 x 1200] will load in a separate window. Right click your mouse on the [1600 x 1200] image and choose "set as wallpaper" or "save as" and choose a directory in which to place your wallpaper.
Please help support Meredy's Place by shopping here.
CLICK HERE to search for John Huston merchandise
MEREDY'S PLACE INDEX
© , all rights reserved.