To get the right answer to a question just move the cursor over the button:
The answer will then be displayed in the speech bubble tooltip.
If you click on the button you will get the answers to all questions in the quiz.
1. An accomplished ballroom dancer, what classic actor won both the Charleston and Cha-Cha contests on the Arthur Murray Party TV show in the 1950s?
2. What classic actress was known by the nickname "Queen of the Quota Quickies?"
3. Marshall Thompson and Vera Miles starred in what 1952 film?
4. Van Johnson and Elizabeth Taylor starred in what 1950 film?
5. Robert Taylor, in his first leading role, manages a nightclub in what romantic crime drama?
6. Ray Milland and Charles Laughton starred in what 1948 film noir?
7. Alfred Hitchcock directed this "bubbly" 1928 film?
8. What was the first film produced in Paramount's wide screen process known as VistaVision?
9. What classic actress was Frank Capra's first choice for the part of Mary Hatch Bailey in It's a Wonderful Life?
10. The home in what Christmas classic features the same set used in Bringing Up Baby (1938)?
11. What character said the following line? "It'll take me at least a week to dig up all my dolls in the cemetery."
12. What classic film marked the debut of the song White Christmas?
13. What was the only film in which Gene Lockhart appeared with his wife, Kathleen Lockhart, and their daughter, June Lockhart?
14. The mansion used in The Sound of Music (1965) belonged to what classic actress at the time?
15. What classic actress replaced Rosalind Russell in the Broadway version of Auntie Mame in 1958?
16. Hattie McDaniel willed her Oscar to what university?
17. What was the name of John Wayne's production company?
18. What classic actress uttered the following famous lines? "Just say you love me. You don't have to mean it."
19. What classic film did Holden Caulfield see at Radio City in Chapter 18 of The Catcher in the Rye?
20. Which classic actor is credited with being the fastest gun in Hollywood westerns: James Arness, Glenn Ford or John Wayne?
21. What classic actress played the female lead in the 1946 remake of Of Human Bondage?
22. What was Charlton Heston's favorite food?
23. The following quote is from what classic actor? "I learn the lines and pray to God."
24. What classic actor played David Ladd's grandfather in A Dog of Flanders?
25. What classic actor was the very first center square on Hollywood Squares?
26. How many times did Dean Martin play Matt Helm?
27. The title phrase From Here to Eternity came originally from what poem?
28. What was Agnes Moorehead's favorite color?
29. The Creature in The Creature from the Black Lagoon had the hots for what classic actress?
30. What was the title of Sonja Henie's first film?
31. What classic actor's birth name was David Harold Meyer?
32. Not a sentimental man by nature, Lee Marvin kept only four souvenirs of his career over the years. What were they?
33. At the age of 10, what classic actor learned conjuring tricks from his neighbor, Harry Houdini?
34. What classic actress was Leif Erickson's first wife?
35. When banned from drinking on a film set, what classic actor would inject oranges with vodka and eat them during his breaks?
36. What classic actor was married to both Ruth Chatterton and Ann Sheridan?
37. The Margarita cocktail was named for what classic actress?
38. Who played the two daughters in Father Was a Fullback?
39. Geraldine Page starred in what 1967 holiday-related telefilm?
40. Who said the following? "There are lots of methods. Mine involves a lot of talent, a glass and some cracked ice."
41. What classic actress turned down a marriage proposal from Winston Churchill?
42. What classic actor invented the boom microphone?
43. What classic actress was the first to utter the now famous but often misquoted line, "Kiss me, my fool?"
44. What classic actress said the following? "I learned how to act by watching Martha Graham dance, and I learned how to dance by watching Charlie Chaplin act."
45. What classic actress was billed as "The Hungarian Rhapsody?"
46. What actress was engaged to Charles Chaplin before she met and seduced Rudolph Valentino?
47. What classic silent film actor had the nickname "Powder Puff?"
48. Clara Bow suffered from what mental illness?
49. What was "Lash" La Rue's real first name?
50. In the early 1970s, Paramount had plans that were unrealized to remake what classic movie with Robert Redford in the starring role?
51. What classic actor burned his tuxedo on his 75th birthday because he was through with formality?
52. What classic actress started life with the name Carole Ann Jones?
53. What classic actress started life with the name Shirley Schrift?
54. What classic actor started life with the name Anthony Papaleo?
55. What film character said the following? "Seems like the government's got more interest in a dead man than a live one."
56. What film character said the following? "Oh, please, monsieur. It is a little game we play. They put it on the bill, I tear up the bill. It is very convenient."
57. What film character said the following? "You certainly chose a lovely spot for our meeting. I've had three chances to be picked up in the last five minutes."
58. Who paid for Bela Lugosi's funeral?
59. Who owns Boris Karloff's ring from The Mummy?
60. What producer lost his job as a reporter for the Darien-Stamford Review after it was discovered that a story about a truckload of kosher chickens dying in a New York heat wave was a total fabrication?
61. What kind of engagement ring did Prince Rainier give to Grace Kelly?
62. What starlet dated both Jack Dempsey and Bruce Cabot?
63. Who said the following? "My mother loved children -- she would have given anything if I had been one."
64. What actress won an Oscar for a role in which she didn't utter a word?
65. Who said the following? "I've been on a diet for two weeks and all I've lost is two weeks."
66. What hymn did Robert Mitchum sing in Night of the Hunter?
67. Who co-starred with Susan Hayward in Woman Obsessed?
68. Who said, "Drama is life with the dull bits cut out?"
69. From 1969 to 1972, what classic actor appeared in Bright Promise, a daytime soap opera?
70. How many films did Gena Rowlands make with John Cassavetes?
71. Ethel Merman had an affair with what author?
72. What actor was married to both Katy Jurado and Ethel Merman?
73. What actress was described by the director Edward Dmytryk as "a woman of sharp intelligence, great bawdy humor and sensitivity of performance that is rare indeed?"
74. Please name a movie in which Yul Brynner had hair.
75. Orson Welles wrote what novel during an extended stay with Laurence Olivier?
76. Who is Warren Beatty's famous sister?
77. Who was Joanne Dru's famous brother?
78. Who was Peter Graves' famous brother?
79. Who was Dana Andrews' famous brother?
80. Who is Joan Fontaine's famous sister?
81. What classic actress said the following? "The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues."
82. What actress was married to both Lex Barker and Fernando Lamas?
83. What actor said the following? On adultery: "Why fool around with hamburger when you have steak at home?"
84. What actress said the following? "MGM was my mother and father, mentor and guide, my all-powerful and benevolent crutch. When I left them, it was like walking into space."
85. Who directed Rebel Without a Cause?
86. What was the date of James Dean's death?
87. How many Best Supporting Actor Oscars did Walter Brennan win?
88. Before any take, what actor would say, "It's magic time."?
89. What classic star was often referred to as the female Valentino?
90. What vintage star's birth name was Spangler Arlington Brugh?
91. Irene Dunne portrayed a Norwegian woman in what film?
92. Who were the stars of the 1935 version of Magnificent Obsession?
93. Who were the stars of the 1954 version of Magnificent Obsession?
94. How many films did Rock Hudson and Jane Wyman make together?
95. The Rolling Stones song Gimme Shelter has been featured on the soundtracks of at least three Robert De Niro films. What are the films?
96. How many Oscars did Claude Rains win in his career?
97. Which came first: Alistair MacLean's script for Where Eagles Dare or the novel?
98. What classic film featured the following characters: Dion O'Leary, Belle Fawcett and Jack O'Leary?
99. What classic film featured the following characters: Randle Patrick McMurphy, Mildred Ratched and Martini?
100. Parting Words: The following are the last lines from a famous flick. What flick? "Reverend Mother. I have sinned." "I, too, Reverend Mother." "What is this sin, my children?"
To download FREE Classic Movies wallpaper left click on the thumbnail below and a large image [1600 x 1200] will load in a separate window. Right click your mouse on the [1600 x 1200] image and choose "set as wallpaper" or "save as" and choose a directory in which to place your wallpaper.
Please help support Meredy's Place by shopping here.
CLICK HERE to search for Classic Movies merchandise
MEREDY'S PLACE INDEX
© , all rights reserved.