So you've decided to cheat and take a look at the answers?
OK, spoil the fun and read the answers below!
1. January 12, 1910
2. Düsseldorf, Germany
3. "The Viennese Teardrop"
4. She was the first thespian to win back-to-back Oscars.
5. Max Reinhardt
6. Vienna, Austria
7. When Adolf Hitler took power.
10. William Powell
11. Clifford Odets
12. The Great Ziegfeld
13. Most observers agree that Rainer won her Oscar as the result of her moving and poignant performance in just one, single scene in the picture, the famous telephone scene in which the broken-hearted Held congratulates Ziegfeld over the telephone on his upcoming marriage to Billie Burke while trying to retain her composure and her dignity.
14. The Good Earth
15. She was a non-conformist to the MGM star system. She often paraded around Hollywood untidily dressed, usually with no make-up and wearing pants.
16. Yes, she was. In the early Academy Awards ceremonies, the winners were announced beforehand in the newspapers. A team of MGM staff arrived at her house and made her dress in appropriate evening wear, and rushed her to the show - just in time.
17. Robert Knittel, a New York publisher.
18. Robert Knittel and she had a daughter, Francesca.
19. La Dolce Vita
20. Two nominations - two wins
23. A real-life person
24. Olivia de Havilland
25. Rainier now lives in a luxurious flat in Eaton Square in the Belgravia district of London, in a building where Vivien Leigh once lived.
Please help support Meredy's Place by shopping here.
CLICK HERE to search for Luise Rainer merchandise
Meredy's Luise Rainer Trivia Mania
MEREDY'S PLACE INDEX
© , all rights reserved.